1. Bael– It is a North Indian fruit with great medicinal value. It’s rich in vitamin C, controls diabetes, boosts energy and has immense digestive benefits.
How to have it- You can dilute the pulp with some water, sugar & few drops of lemon juice to make a sherbet out of it. Or scrape just the pulp and mix it with jaggery to take away some of the sourness.
2. Jowar– It is one of the most cooling grains and is rich in iron, magnesium, copper, and vitamin B1. Also, this grain is free of gluten and rich in fibre.
How to have it- Make bhakri/ roti out of it. Like most millets, this one is also drying, so you must eat it with ghee.
3. Gulkand– Rich in probiotic bacteria, this rose petal jam is our traditional, therapeutic mixture for acidity, heartburn & bloating.
How to have it- Mix 1 tsp of gulkand in cold milk to have at bedtime. Or have a teaspoon of it after your meals.
4. Jeera– This humble spice has detox benefits, reduces body heat, cures itchiness and works wonders for those troubled with acne and pimples.
How to use it- Boil jeera seeds in water. Once it is cooled, take a bath with that water. You can also put jeera powder to your buttermilk or curd.
5. Cashew apple – The cashew apple, also called cashew fruit, is the fleshy fruit attached to the cashew nut. It has anti ageing, anti- carcinogenic properties and enhances fat utilization in the body.
How to have it- Enjoy the tangy and juicy fruit by biting into it like an apple, or by cutting it into slices.
6. Lemongrass– It is a great herb for the summers. It treats indigestion, keeps you hydrated, improves gut function and cools the body.
How to use it- You can make lemongrass tea by seeping the grass in water. Also, you can use lemongrass by soaking a mesh bag with a handful of leaves in your bathing water.
Keep yourself happy by keeping yourself healthy. Let well-known Mumbai dietitian and fitness expert Munmun Ganeriwal design a nutrition, exercise and lifestyle transformation program that elevates your overall sense of well-being. Contact us now for an in-depth consultation.